Sunday, 10 August 2014

Been Productive!

 
 
I'm back from working away, and did manage to get quite a bit of scrapping in of a night so am really glad I put together some homemade kits from Counterfeit Kit Challenges!!  (hello to visitors from Counterfeit Kit blog!!! *waving*)
 
First up is....
Talk about getting out of the comfort zone! I'm not sure what happened here, but the sketch was very sparce, YET,  I managed to use a very busy patterned background paper - soooooo not me!! I usually run from pattern paper!! (and I mean fast!!!)  Maybe I felt a need to fill this sketch??? so it's inspiration worked a treat if so!  And I love the result....maybe this might get me to use the fifty million pattern papers I have stashed away???? 

 


 
I found really appropriate text in print to tear out and use for Paige who has worked hard for her
Yr 12 midyear exams and also doing 1st yr uni for French as well....




 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 I wanted it to look delicate....
 

 
 
The Unity Stamps used are:
'Distressed Dots'
and
'Art and Possibility'
 
 
 
 
 
Then afterwards....
                                          an afterthought....
 
I had a thought that I'd use the front of this card to go into Hannah's little antique 'Quote book'...
so have edited in this photo... cos it works a treat here....
it's nothing fussy, but plain and simple....and fits a treat!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
Counterfeit Challenge LO #1
 
I was soooooo pleased to have this months kits with me while away... and managed to get this one finished also.   However, what a challenge!!!  ONE layer scrapping... the only way I think I could manage this is by doing project life!!  But not having any PL pockets with me... just did a 12x12 in a PL kind of a way  for Week 16 (oh my gosh I'm sooo far behind with this!)  so a great excuse to get another page done!   Did struggle though... and wanted to add more... but that's okay for PL... I think I added a butterfly.. and my alpha's otherwise it was stamping!
 
 
----------------------------------------------------
 
 
Scrap a card with two colours.... black and white...
Ohh... just what I love!
Did some stamping of leaves, as well as cut out some too.
 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
And last by certainly not by least is
 
 
 
'Evoke'
 
Found this wonderful quote for 'Evoke' and perfect for another page in Hannah's Quote book...
and because I loved using the blue tissue so much before, I saw the orange and went with that too!
So, with some gesso, orange tissue paper, a couple of square brads, green washi and a mix of alpa's... this happened....
 
 
----------------------------------------
 
 oh.... need to pop this in too....
This prize came from 'Flourish with a Bling'
(plus I added a little to it) but how cool ....
The ladies there are just lovely people to deal with... so thanks soooo much!



---------------------------------------
 
 AND..... don't forget to join into the
 challenge at
Amiche di Scraps for you PL page/s!!
There's a prize!
HERE


 
Yay, you got to the bottom!!
I know, it was a lot!
 
Busy times today.... Paige is comes home from Melbourne (she's been away all weekend on a Christian leadership camp)  Revolving doors here, I come home, and she goes!
 
AND
 
We get another French exchange student arriving tonight too. 
 
So no doubt will also show up in my scrapping shortly.
 
 
Better go get some bedrooms ready!
 
 
xx 
 


19 comments:

Deb said...

You certainly have been busy and how wonderful are all of your projects! I absolutely adore the first one with that gorgeous patterned paper b/ground.........just beautiful, Mandy. Love those little dandelions too.

Lizzyc said...

You have been so busy! And very creative too, love the diversity and different styles, love the book art journal too! Enjoy the week to come!

S said...

What a feast of creativity in this post. Love that first layout, especially, so sensationally shabby chic.

cinmfoster said...

These are beautiful. Love the word journal.
Cindy F.

Lizzy Hill said...

I want to comment on so much.....but now I forget.....the pp...LOL!!! you've gone to the other end of the spectrum....strangely, it has a real sense of dimension...going inwards....LOOOOVE the blue card/converted book page...brill idea...the PL looks fabulous....I'm sure I've missed a pile, but had a BALL looking at all this ...wish I could be there to discuss it in person!!! Glad the kit away idea worked so well:):)

Virginia said...

You've been seriously busy - love all the things you've done

Clare Lloyd said...

Lots of fab makes thanks for joining us at one little word.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow! These are all GORGEOUS!! You have been busy!!!!

Chidkid said...

I seriously love all of these.. but especially the first LO! Awesome job!

Julene Matthews said...

Very productive Mandy.I love your little dandelions torn from tissue paper and the other layouts are super! The one you have made for CKC is fabulous!Glad you could join in.

Terhi Koskinen said...

Oh, I like the layout you did. Well done! Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrap365 <3

Audrey Pettit said...

My goodness, what beautiful projects! You sure did manage to get a lot accomplished while you were away! I love everything! What cool dandelions you have created from tissue! They look fabulous, and love them in both blue and orange. Your quote book is so amazing. Just love it. And your pages are wonderful, too. You did a great job with the one layer scrapping. I would be terrified of that challenge!

Jennifer Grace said...

Gorgeous busy background, I love it! Especially the way you framed areas with stamped crosses, and chose particular words from text paper, and the pink glasses at the top are perfect! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap 365! x

Jimjams said...

Fabulous productivity - more and more and more to enjoy! TFS x

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love all of your art work that you posted! So beautiful and creative! The layouts, the mixed media, the art journal pages, everything is lovely. I especially like what you created using the word evoke!

giovanna said...

beautiful card! thanks for participating to AdS!!!

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layout and wonderful mix media projects too

Julene Matthews said...

Me again to say congratulations on being featured on CKC

Margie said...

Wow-all great work! Love that art journal especially.