Monday, 4 August 2014

Amiche di Scraps LO #10 and August Counterfeit Kits

 
 
I've been trying to squeeze in some organisation here....
 
1.   I really wanted to do
 as I loved the criteria of 'hand-writing' 
 
 
Soooooo, here it is.....
Meaghan sent me this lovely photo of her taken this morning in New Zealand where she now lives.....  and had the urge to scrap it straight away - Amiche's criteria was perfect!!!
 
Got drippage going both ways... and flipped sideways these 'lines' inevitably became the lines to journal upon.




 
 
 
 
Anyway..... onto the other reasons for my 'getting organised'.....
 
Love this blog because the one thing it does is make me rummage through my stash and remind me what I've got and some of what I've got is OLD but incredibly useful!
 
I had a ball.... the kit and add-ons being counterfeited are from Studio Calico...
Check HERE for the full run-down and links
 
This is the card kit.... (there are others)but I really like this... and as usual,
I got stuck on the colours ......
coral, blues and yellows
 
 
So here's No 1, No 2 and No 3....
 
 
there's more....
 
and my reason.....
3.  I'm off to Melbourne and catch a plane out tomorrow for work... so these kits will give me something to do in my hotel room at night! 
 
And....  while looking at the add-ons...
 this caught my eye....
yeah.... black and white....  and its appealing!
 
so here's my black and white part of the kit....
 
 
Hmmn, it looks bigger set out here than what it does all squared away in a 12x12 plasic Ziploc bag!
I thought that having these basics would cover all basis with the coral, blue and yellows when it came to scrapping - especially away from home....
 
And for a little practice,
I completed the Amiche LO challenge (first picture above) just from my plastic bags!  (though I did cheat and grabbed some drippage stuff and used my bigshot for butterflies!
 LOL... no doing that while I'm away!
 
I'll be checking in from time to time and will be back on Thursday night...
In the meantime here at home, dh and Paige will hold down the fort, look after kitty and birds,
Paige has her Year 12 mid year exams  this week too...
lots going on!
 
xx
 
 

 


19 comments:

giovanna said...

beautiful page, very original! thanks for taking part in our challenge of AdS!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the drips that you made for the journaling!!!

Deb said...

Ooooo! I love your journalling line drips.....mine never run straight enough lol. Fabulous page and a gorgeous photo of M.

Jimjams said...

What a great idea - glad the CKCB inspired you to pack for scrap!
Love the drippy lines on your page - very you with all that texture.
Safe travels x

LCSmithSAVED said...

Gor-geous! I just want to wrap my world in those yummy kits. Sounds lovely to have some quiet scrapping time while away.

Julene Matthews said...

Good luck with the exams Paige and Mandy, enjoy your days away and scrapping of a night!
Love ALL of your kit and the fabulous page you made.

Dolly B said...

LOVE your layout, the colour and the drips for your journalling , such a cool idea. Love the touch of red to pick up the scarf. A really beautiful layout.I am not sure of the kit challenge of how it all works, but love what you have put together especially the last one , as like you said a touch of teal or another colour , brilliant. Have fun using your kits.
Mary

Lizzy Hill said...

LOTS going on!! LOOOVE that photo & the way you've used the drips for journaling lines.....& I did this when I went to see Mary at Orange...made up my kits. Done it twice now & it worked brilliantly:):) I hope it works as well for you:) Hope P goes well at her exams. Always a bit stressful:):)

Audrey Pettit said...

You really are organized to create all those fun kits to play with while you are away! I look forward to seeing what you make with them all. Your first layout is amazing! LOVE those drippy lines. Such a creative way to add journaling lines! Looks fabulous!

cinmfoster said...

Such a lovely layout. Beautiful kit.
Cindy F.

S said...

Have a good safe trip. Your page is fantastic with those drips and the handwriting combined - and those touches of red too. So nicely scrapped. That's a lot of kits, enjoy!

Chidkid said...

Lots of gorgeousness to play with in the evening..have fun! Great job!

JansArtyJunk said...

Your pages are always a treat Mandy...Loving the drippage!! ;)

Laura said...

Yes please, I'll take one each of kits nos. 1-3
:D
They look scrummy all laid out by colour, right up my street.
Laura

Margie said...

Stunning layout, and I love your color kits!

Tina Campbell said...

That kit all 4 are really cute I like how you made the cards kits in their own colors :)

Virginia said...

Gorgeous page, gorgeous kit - gorgeous!

Sherri Everett said...

Oh my goodness, I just LOVE your take on this month's kit, Mandy! Gorgeous colors! And the dripped journaling lines are pure genius. Beautiful layouts! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa said...

well, you just rocked that card kit didn't you?!? great selection of coloured items - what a fun approach!