Thursday, 24 July 2014

Studio Tekturek Lift Challenge #2 and Art Piaskownica Kolory

 
 
This is the first time I've completed a project for
 I simply loved the 'lift' sample and had to have a go by flipping it sideways and sectioning it off by gathered seam binding at the top and stamping fine branches along it,  and then created a hanging vine of leaves vertically. 
 To be honest, I had no idea how this was going to turn out.  
 
The fabulous lift LO belongs to Audrey Yeager 
 
 
One of my favourite products to use is Izink ( think I've got every colour!) - and the black cavier was used on the large leaf stamp, the tulip underneath Paige's photo and down the vine...

 
 
Cut some thick embossed vellum(must be a decade old!!!)  for leaves as well.


And roughly scribbled some circles around the brads, stars and heart and drew an arrow
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
One thing you probably don't know about me is that I do like to make my own jewellery
Nope, not to sell, just for myself and my girls...
(weeeeell, we end up burrowing each others!)
 
 has a colour challenge, and this site allows any kind of craft or homemade project, so for once, I'm entering a necklace inspired by the colours in this challenge.....
 
 
 
 
(I do find it hard to photograph the colour to the true shades in our miserable Winter weather!)
and the reflection off the clear dome isn't helpful either!
 
 
 
Maybe showing the process helps....
Using this Crate Paper 'Story Teller - Generations' paper which represents pencils
and what's usually written on the side of them so cut out little pieces
 of colour and words that would fit in my pendant tray...




Cut them down and stuck together to just the right size....

 
 
And in it goes, kinda like the vertical stripe. 
I use Dimensional Magic for both underneath and on top of
the image before the dome is stuck on....
 
 
xx
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

Deb said...

Your layout is devine, Mandy......love it heaps. AND wow! to your necklace......it looks fabulous. Very clever.

Lizzy Hill said...

You are SUCH a clever cookie....looove your jewellery & that LO is just....I dunno....can't describe how gobsmackingly amazing it is!!! Never used that ink.....is is 'waterproof'???????

Lizzyc said...

You are very creative, love the layout, love the vines and leaves and your cut out photo, and wow your necklace looks fabulous too..

Chris Scrap said...

Une interprétation pertinente et très originale du lift ! Ta page est très poétique !

Jasmine S said...

Wow, this is just sensational. Love love love it.

Julie said...

Wow Missy these look great just love the layout. Stunning.

Ludkasz said...

Fantastic works:)