Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Let's Get Shabby #52/ The Rescue Baby Bird / Our Beautiful World #35

 
 
Oh gosh, I'm sure you all think I've run away!  
Its been the longest I think ever not posting here on my blog.
But, its been incredibly busy with the end of Summer, starting back to work, getting kids to school, making sure Hannah is settled in her new home where she studies etc etc... and choreographing for 'Oklahoma' musical which has turned out much bigger than expected - time-wise.
 
 
And the return for the year of
 
and its a fabulous one - don't you just LOVE this beautiful vintage Audrey Hepburn poster to be interpreted any way you would like....
 
Weeeeeell, it just had to be another 'dress form' for me!! hee hee....
 
Paige
I used the poster as a sketch,   re-created the pose and skirt.   Loved the 'leaf' motif on the wall in the poster, and imposed leaves in multiple places in my layout
 
 
 
Gluing in white petals and a few leaves for the skirt....
 
 
 
 
 
Hope you can join in HERE
Hope to see you there!
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
A Rescue...
We have an enormous Palm tree in our front garden... and a week and a half ago, my dh found a little sparrow chick down the bottom of the trunk... it had fallen out of its nest.  There was no way of getting it back up there - or which of the many nests to put it back into...
Soooooooo I couldn't leave it there for the feral cats to eat - just couldn't...
I'm toooo soft!
 
So in it came...
I fathomed it was about 9-10 days old... and does have a sore leg/foot probably from the fall
(funny little creature- nothing cute about it!)
17th February

 
 
So fed it every hour and kept it warm
and three days later looked like this.....
One would hope it grows into it's beak and feet!
(the sore leg is getting better)
20th February

 
 
 
 
24th February....
It likes its little cane nest.. and does little flutter to get to its perch now, though the leg is not fully healed which doesn't help with landing.



 
Look how many feathers it has grown over the last five days since the 20th!
Looking much cuter!

 

 
Its seems a happy little soul. And tries its hardest to get up on my shoulder.
 What do you think it is?
Boy or Girl?
I'm thinking 'probably a boy?
Time will tell when the colouring appears stronger- that's if its going to at all.
 
 
We've called it 'Chirp'
 (its quite vocal!)

----------------------------------------------
 
 
I won it!  I was so pleased!!
 
With this
 
So happy!!!
Here's my prize.....
DarkroomDoor_PrizeGiveaway
 
How exciting!  Love these stamps!
----------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
http://our--beautiful--world--365.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/week-35-soft.html
 
 
The word is
 
'Soft'
 
I couldn't go past using this one of
'Chirp'
Look at those soft fluffy feathery-features....
 
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
xx
 
 

 


16 comments:

Jenneke said...

I needed some inspiration and thought to myself: let's visit Mandy's blog. And wow.....I'm overwhelmed by everything I see here! It has been much to long since I visited you, Mandy! Love the story of the baby bird. And loved to see the pictures of your birthday surprise!!

XXXJenneke

Lizzy Hill said...

Awww....I'm so glad Chirp is recuperating...birds are so touch & go...& WELL DONE with the prize...couldn't get a more apt word set from Darkroom Door ANNND your LO made me giggle...no, your scrapping aint funny, it's fab.. I think it was the way she's posing, or something, anyway, VERY innovative, I must say!! Hope life is truly settling down & I also am GLAD LGS is back:):)

Deb said...

Ooooooooo! How cute is little Chirp. You have done an amazing job getting him (yep I think he's a boy too) to this stage. Looks like he is one very happy little birdie. Congratulations on your win.....well deserved and Chirp is the perfect pic for OBW this week.

Manuela said...

oh, what a cute little bird. last year i had the same situation with a little titmouse
yes he/she looks so fluffy and soft :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love your page!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the way you did the dress!! And loving the photos of Chirp!!

Lizzyc said...

OH wow I do hope your bird continues to grow.. and I have no idea if it is a he or she.. but if it talks a lot maybe it is a she??hehe.. love your layout for shabby, that skirt is stunning.. well done on your win too.. great photo for 'soft'.. I hope you are having a good day!

sandi said...

Wow! What a great post! Congrats on your win....great lo and fabulous prize!
Your latest lo is so cool! LOVE the way you did the dress.....wowzers!
What a sweet bird! Glad to hear he/she is doing better.

Vikki said...

Chirp is gorgeous! So glad you were able to save him. We had a similar incident with a Rainbow Lorikeet who was a part of our family for several years. Thanks for sharing..

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness! What a lovely story about the bird ... You're my kind of person! Love the photos! Thanks so much for sharing at Our Beautiful World!!

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Mandy...loved Tassie visited last Dec. By the sea, anywhere with breeze suits me...love that you rescued the little bird, the tiny creatures melt your heart. Have a super week, Robyn

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is awesome, thanks for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World!

Diana Taylor said...

What a lovely story about 'Chirp'. I hope he continues to get stronger - he really is a very cute little chap - just right for the this weeks word!

S said...

Wow, your layout is stunning. I love that movie - Audrey is always captivating on film. And I hope your little birdie continue to do well - he's cute.

Julie said...

Just love your LGS page Missy. And Chirp looks cute. Hope his legs heals.

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, I am just smitten with Chirp! What a sweet little ball of fluff! You are wonderful to rescue him/her and provide such a safe haven. :)
Absolutely LOVE your gorgeous Audrey Hepburn inspired design! The dress is gorgeous. So fun how you made it from petals and leaves. Really LOVE how you used the trim and stitching, too. And such awesome stamping! Love it!

Asas à imaginação said...

Olá, Mandy!
Agradeço muito sua visita ao meu blog e o comentário tão gentil sobre meu projeto para o desafio...você e as outras DTs é que me inspiraram com seus lindos projetos.
Eu adorei a história de 'Chirp ' e espero que fique logo bem forte e saudável.
Adorei também os seus outros projetos...todos perfeitos!
Um grande abraço,
Marlei