Friday, 6 January 2012

Quite a Bit of Creating Going On!


Creating what though? 
 Not drama!  LOL,
 I just dont have the energy for that!
But.....
I've been kidless for the last few days with the girls staying at the family farm.
So definitely moments of catching up and playing to do here!


First off...
has its first scraplift challenge up for the year
Here's mine.. (click to enlarge)



is next ....

Critera:
Word- Joy
Colour - Silver
Technique- splatter



Last year I created a wonderful 2011 Planner with
 and I've completed my 2012 too.

Here's the links to my 2011 planner
  where I show the pages  here
and here  all finished

I've cheated this year, and reused the pages I didnt use last year along with the monthly tags,
(because of being time poor)
 So here's my re-worked Planner ( it was soo easy to do!)
I've printed out new monthly pages and quite a few weekly spreads too


The cover was reworked too with some old sticky back canvas I've had for years! (with the little houses on it)  I popped a tag with ribbon in the Planner as a book mark so I can find my page easily.
And I have a little white bag to put it in too.  


Another view

There are lots of options with this little Planner...
It can be printed on front and back of paper making it half the thickness seen here.
I like to print on just the front because that leaves the back of the paper for me to scribble excess notes onto.

There's also an 11 1/2 x 8inch size (mine above is 6x4)
I think I might do the bigger size next year.

You can use up excess paper (and thats a good thing!)
ANd it makes a fabulous gift! (using up more forgotten paper!)

Avital gives clear concise instructions along with a video.

My little planner is very different to one Avital makes which has clean lines.
Mines more to my style... Shabby and ecclectic (big smile), so you can easily put your own stamp on it!

-------------------------------

Another exciting thing I've done this week is to play along with
coordinated by Nathalie Kalbach
(not sure if you can see these sites, you might need to register??)

JumpStart#1 was with Dina Wakley and it was about warming up to get started on sitting down to scrap especially if there's a mental block.  So she showed us some misting and painting techniques, and some cutting out and random sticking down just to get the juices in the brain flowing into creativeness... and this is what I did:

A tag which Ive used utee on the stamped heart (which was a technique from JumpStart#2)
This is the tag I've used as a bookmark for my Planner above.

All the tags together that I'll pop away in my stash for a time when they might be needed for a project.


was with Carmen Sanchez
Boy I loved this technique!!
It was using toilet paper wetting it and putting it through the Big Shot!
What messy fun!  It was dried off, misted, dried again and then covered with utee.

Here's what I did:
Folded the toilet paper.  
(I've used this technique before but with stamps) -
like this clock  here in 2009

 Then put the wet paper through the bigshot...
what a fabby effect!!

Misted them (and Carmen cut her one down to ATC size, but I want to keep mine like this until I know what I want to do with them - grin)

Here's a close up of the utee... love the final polish it gives!


Here they are (hard to see the shine of the utee in the photo)
All ready for a project to come along!


I've watched through Jumpstart #3's video with Catherine Matthews-Scanlon , just got to have a go at it yet (wink)

xx

 

33 comments:

Lea said...

What a great post! LOVE the toilet paper technique. I just got a Big Shot and will have to try this! And those tags are so cool!!!

Jamilie said...

WOW!! You have been busy!! LOVE the toilet paper technique!! Who knew!!!???

Happy New Year!!

Cuchy said...

Thank you so much for sharing.
totally awesome work!!

Dina said...

Yay, love your post & work! TFS!

phillipa said...

Love everything you have done here Mandy. I joined up for the Jump Start too but haven't had time to do anything yet. Have done the toilet paper one with tissues ages ago. Love those tags!!!

Adriana B said...

AWesome and creative, thanks for sharing, must try it:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeee all the masking and misting and love love love what you did with the Jump Start prompt from Dina! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Hope said...

Such wonderful ideas! Your creations are gorgeous. I've got to try some of these techniques. :)

Dora said...

I really need to try this technique! wow will do it today, I love that.
Amazing projects!

teacher jessy said...

You totally rock the creative jump!! Love your take, they are beautiful :) Happy new year 2012

Jenny said...

Wow Mandy... you have been busy... love your gorgeous layouts and your planner... and JumpStart looks fantastic... I have registered but haven't watched the videos yet... so want to now...lol LOVE both the tags and the embossed toilet paper... how cool...

Jenny x

Deb said...

Luv your LO's,your little planner looks awesome and how gorgeous are those tags!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, have you ever been busy, Mandy! What fabulous creations. I SO love your artsy style. That tree trimming page is so creative and fun and I adore your planner. I just print out loose calendar pages every month...I could be doing so much better. You've got me thinking. And omgosh, love the toilet paper technique. Would never have thought of that. :)

Martine said...

your work is beautiful!! looks like you're off to a great creative 2012! thanks for stopping by my blog!

Angela Weimer said...

Such a wonderful post. Your projects are great and the techniques are very inspiring. I love that hear stamp. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! Angela

jeanie g said...

Wow Mandy so much inspiration in one post!! Love the tags, the toile paper technique and the Planner. Happy New Year and thank you so much for visiting my Blog in 2011. xx

Helene said...

OMG, you’re talented!!! These are gorgeous all of them. So inspiring!!! I’m especially in love with the black and white Christmas trees. Must have been real fun to create all these!!!

Heather Jacob said...

wow Mandy .... these are all sensational .. so much beautiful detail and color... I love them all especially those tags ... I am a little bit partial to tags ... stunning work .... you sure have been busy ... hugz xxoxoox

Monica said...

Wow - you have been busy Mandy!! I love all your work, you are so creative :0)
The tags look amzing, I love, love that palnner and I'll never look at loo paper the same way again!
Hugs
xoxo

BabyBokChoy said...

my gosh, i'm in awe, so many wonderful creations and using toilet paper? omg, that's just too creative!!! and it looks really wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lean said...

Cool work and thanks for the toilet paper tip!

yyam said...

Oh wow! Great projects as always! Love that you're experimenting with some new techniques too!

Happy 2012 Mandy! :)

sarah said...

sooooo pretty!!! even when using toilet paper! :)

hugs,
sarah.

Linda said...

Wow you have been having fun! Love it all but the last one the TP one is really interesting. I have to give that a try. Very cool.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Amazing post, not only i love your beautiful work, I enjoy the tutorial too! Thanks for sharing!

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

wow!!! I Love the toilet paper technique!!
thanks for your nice comment on my blog
hugs from Brazil
Rosana

Julie said...

wow missy these look great

Angi said...

Gorgeous creations! Love that fun technique.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Incredibly arty and stunning creations Mandy!!! LOVE your dunny paper technique... JUST BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Jasmine S said...

Well now I want to just go and get my hands dirty. Your post was oozing with inspiration. Where to start??? I have not yet sat down to watch the videos but now I really want to. I love your use of texture in your pages and the planner is fabulous.

Christiane said...

this is amazing!!! you see me drooling here!!
happy new year, girl!!

Gayle said...

Oh My Goodness ! You have been busy...so much wonderful creativeness. I love your 123 page, so bold and so fun. I too have been glued to the Jump Start videos, aren't they great !? xx

Judith Tetley said...

Oh my goodness Mandy...I never knew toilet paper could look so good! Thankyou for sharing.
Kind REgards
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com