Sunday, 31 January 2010

END OF MONTH CHALLENGES!!

There's been a scurry to finish some of my favourite challenges before the 31st rings out!!
I've been so hard pressed for time since returning from being away. The LO below kinda explains why...... I've been back in the studio (even though its still school holidays here) working on a new syllabus with my collegue from Melbourne. We had sooo limited time and the first day we worked 14hrs - thats right - on our feet. I cant even begin to tell you how tired I was to face the second day. Anyway, I know I havent had a chance to go blog hopping like I promised but I need SLEEP at the moment!! I promise I'll visit really soon!! Just got to get some dt stuff out the way!
.
.
SCRAP-IT-LAH
I love this challenge site and the dt there are just fabulous!! This time the challenge was a sketch and it was an awesome one! Soooo here you get a glimpse at my day job!
.
.
.
MISSION CREATE This is also another fabulous challenge site. There is a pick of criteria! I love this! The criteria I chose was the fabric, bookprint, flowers and raw chipboard! Here is Paige contemplating a return to school (for international visitors - we are at the end of our summer vacation here) so we are in a phase between end of holidays and preparing for schoolwork at the moment. .

. A TRUE FRIEND This challenge site is unique because it solely focusses on pets and animals. The challenge is to match a book title to your pet/s. Here is me in 1979 with my two horses. They were champions, strolling down the dirt road to be placed in the next field. Both horses had racing backgrounds. The one closest was my cross-country horse and the one behind was my jumper. I didnt have the patience for dressage and neither did my horses! .

.

25 comments:

Chowchow said...

Thanks so much for your 2nd submission to our challenge site. As usual - we love your work v much. I remember that you won our challenge last month and just wanted to check if you have received your RAK. Could you please let me know at chowchow138@gmail.com? Thanks.

Jocelyn said...

I just adore the LO's Mandy....they are stunning!!

Wishing you a great day!!! :-)

Lean said...

Great lay-outs Mandy...great work.
bye bye,Lean.

teacher jessy said...

Oh wow, love your take on Scrap-It-Lah's sketch!! You did amazing & love the white spaces. I love your day job & how I wish I can be back to the studio too... I'm all out of shape LOL!!

Darien said...

WOW! I love it!! Beautiful work!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

U sooooooooooooooo amaze me Mandy!!! These are JUST GORGEOUS!!! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mazlina said...

ooh mandy.. love the one you did for scrap it lah!! so sweet and awesome as usual! thanks for playing again!

Rhayne said...

Really love the champions. I'm so loving yellow lately but struggle to get it into layouts :)

Maya said...

OK, not only you make fabulous layouts, you also have a dream day job!

מימס mimms said...

love all your LOS
you have a unique style!
congrats on winning the december challenge!

Jenneke said...

WOnderful layouts again, Mandy!!
LOVE them!!!
And...congrats on winning TAAFOMFT!!!
You deserved it!!

Take your rest!

Hugs, Jenneke

Gladie said...

Wow, you've been busy! Awsome LOs! Congrats on the TAAFOMFT prize :)))

Lori said...

Thanks for playing along with the ATF challenge- gorgeous colours in your layout! and the other two are just fabulous aswell!

Julie said...

wow missy m these pages are all just great so love the dance one.

Sarah aka Byclops said...

You're always doing such different challenges Mandy - I dont know how you find them akll (or have time to do them all!!!).

yyam said...

These are fabulous creations Mandy! Sleep is important but thank for the visual feast too! I love how you always incorporate texture without overwhelming the page!

Toni said...

Awww.... I just luv your work!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could look at it ALL DAY!!!!

Elaine. said...

You are such an inspiration, how do you find the time! Beautiful work. Thanks for letting me follow your blog to challenges:)
Love your work.
elaine

dollysdreamings said...

Fab ATF page and I love your work - it is awesome
Thank you for playing along with our challenge

Deborah said...

wow!!!! Thanks for playing along with MC. I love what you did with your layout..it is unique and beautiful. Love the full page of book print!

Nicole Nowosad said...

I love your pages!!! thanks for playing along with the MC!

Ruth said...

Considering your day job keeps you so busy you sure find time for a bit of night time scrapping too!!

Love all three they are as gorgeous as always xxx

Peggy said...

oh wow wow wow, stunning, breathtakingly beautiful!!!! This isn't just scrapping anymore, this is serious art! I keep being impressed by you, over and over again!
Love xxx Peggy

Vanessa said...

Just coming to visit to see your Mission Create layout..it is fabulous--but so are the others posted here..wow-great work!!

Jocie said...

Holy Smokes!! I'm really loving your LO's...so unique and amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at MC!